Friday 8 March 2024

Another rainy week to bring February to a close

 Finished the Oldfield biog and really enjoyed it. Been listening to some of his albums, the ones I could find anyway (missing: Killing Fields and Incantations) and realise what an incredible, unique voice he has. The albums I don't like maybe need a revisit, but there are a fair few singy ones I can't get through. 

Dunno if we're walking tomorrow but if not I plan to get out myself somewhere as I'm becoming part of this chair. I started the book Cara recommended and realised, at once, I'd tried it before. People seem to keep recommending it so I'll try a little harder this time. Steven Erikson, Malazan Book of the Fallen, if you're interested. I probably have it in paperback somewhere, indeed now I think about it I'm sure I have, or had before the library destruction event. Hey ho.

Hmm, a sunny (but cold) Monday morning. Apart from knocking over a full glass of whisky, a good weekend. Recorded 38 min track (Jeffrey) with Tim that's really ace. The pigeon is standing up more steadily this morning. Last night's aurora looked great but, of course, no sign from here (and I didn't feel like driving anywhere). Contemplating spending £99 on resoling old boots although could be a mistake as they say leaky ones will still leak. Oh, and still nothing from Steve re: book cover, think I was foolish giving him cash up front. Sent DL three more albums. 




Good vs popular? I was just thinking I should maybe remove some of my inferior releases from bandcamp and one that came to mind was the series of jams I recorded before the aborted Close to the Noise Floor gig. Then I see that it's sold way more than something I always liked  - Accidental Hermit. Do I go with my feelings or the market? Leaving it for now, baffled, as usual. My pal who I paid a month ago to work on the book says he can't immediately pay me back and asks for another week to make a start on it. Sigh. 

This week's walk pix








No comments:

Post a Comment