Thursday 10 May 2012

A good couple of days except for losing a really cool Octatrack pattern. I realised it was good then panicked which, in turn, caused its destruction! Oh woe. In trying to quickly save the part I managed to reload the part, losing all the samples and changes to each track I'd made. How bloody annoying.

Not sure I totally recreated it either. I lost a groovy/spooky indian chick voice with a nice transposition thing going on but did my best to capture its essence again. Keeping it simple now working for me - much simpler than I'm used to which is probably better musically! So no longer considering Octatrack as an audio looper or effects unit, nor am I sendings its cue out to external effects or doing any complicated stuff at all except trigger loops and samples. Then doing simple scenes that just fade from one loop mix to another, with or without effects changes etc. but usually with. Not even triggering from Cirklon anymore except for long ambient static patches and the longer drum loops, again static, that contain breaks and fills already built-in ready to add live sequences to.

I really must remind myself how you clear a sample slot. The shift and clear has to be in the right screen and so far I've succeeded in clearing the trigs and the pattern but not the bloody slot! Ran out of flex memory too and had to save the project as new then purge unused, gave me a bit back.  Deep breath Paul!

Workwise, did one complete house track today (very jolly and "Holiday Program") and started another quite dynamic one. May give myself the day off tomorrow - then again planning to give myself next week off while Pat and Dawn are away! Gosh, work Fridays??!!!! Half day perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment