Tuesday 22 May 2012

Nice work Elektron

Octatrack's latest OS update addresses most of the things I've asked them for, from small stuff (long file name handling) to the bigger design issues (you can now backup and restore at bank level rather than project. OK, still need a workaround as I work at individual pattern level but I can find a workaround at least, yay!).

The looper is still a bit odd - doesn't seem to overdub when in Ext sync mode (have asked to confirm if a bug) and still only offers 1 octave of transposition but not important right now. The Repeater is gonna remain my looper I think, just so easy and no limitations. I think I found a need for a "clear looper on new pattern/bank" too as otherwise any loops you've made in a session kick in on a new pattern/song, which is bad news!

Anyway, will let the dust settle. Read the PDF all the way through and a few more things to try today. They didn't do the one-handed volume thing (func double click) I asked for nor does muting a track work cleanly, still takes the effects (I think, never saw it mentioned anyway). And no word of any improvement to the chorus, but all these things I can live with. The new trig mode excellent, was looking for something like that the other night.

Sunny again today so how much work I gonna get done??!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment