Sunday 13 October 2013

Awakenings

Well, a good gig I thought. Maybe more elements of chaos than I'd have liked but it was well-received and that's what counts. I have a sneaking suspicion I failed to connect a MIDI cable to my delay, which was one of my contributions to the chaos. They surprised us by asking for an encore, which we didn't have, so it was 100% made up on the spot! Pete held us together beautifully and when I couldn't hear my sequences I just played keyboards, which worked OK. Was very impressed by the little MS20 too and its keyboard didn't prove to be a problem, except I did have to watch my fingers rather than feel for intervals.

PRS is in. Not a great one but I think I expected that as I've been taking it a bit too easy and letting reviews fill my time when I should've dusted them off quicker and got on to more work. Starting tomorrow gonna do something! Wow, what a resolution!

Great idea to get a hotel even if I drank too much and felt rough in the morning. Nice breakfast though and good trip home. No sign of whatever that loud crack was either in the car or my gear... gonna take less if I do any more. Had too much I think, especially given the very short setup time and no soundcheck. Oops, moaning again. Had good chat with Duncan and a lot of Cirklon talk. Star that he is he packed my leads for me, saving loads of time and doing a way better job than I ever have. Must try and learn how he does it!

Swapped Dark Time for Microwave 2 so will get that going later I hope. Also an app review to start. Feel a bit knackered and may be coming down with a cold, very snotty. No, I've no idea why I felt that necessary to record either but I'm typing without thinking as my pizza warms up. Pat at work, don't think she had a great night without me.


A picture of some shrooms for no very good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment