Friday 10 January 2014

Another week of work and play

Perhaps I got the ratio wrong, a little more play than work. Headshock sessions went well, got gold from each. At least it appears after a few listens. The addition of acoustic stuff (or "real instruments" as they're sometimes called) is making a really big difference and I'm fairly sure we have enough quality stuff to make a brilliant compilation. Just a matter of getting round to it. Sold the theremin, will probably use the cash to get a Microsampler (again) as they really are just so useful and there's no equivalent (and Korg won't be making any more cos they didn't do well).

Finished another track so have three "tension and mystery" ones. Will do a couple more and then send off to see if they like. Logic crashed horribly and I thought I'd lost one entirely but managed to recover it by means of importing to a new song as the old fecker would not open. Maybe time to change DAWs.

may even use Maschine for my work, imagine that! But Cubase is calling...

A few more reviews trickling in, nothing too substantial but it'll give me time to complete the two I have left, hoping they'll forget that other crappy softsynth.

might be chance of seeing aurora tonight, if clear. Which would be amazing!

Here's me yesterday, taken by Tim.

It was a happy recording session...

No comments:

Post a Comment