Friday 17 January 2014

heh

Well I wasn't a million miles away with my "cheap minimoog" idea. Moog's new Sub37 looks like the synth I've been hoping for since, well, actually since the old days. Not that I can afford it now or fit it in. Don't even know where the CS30 will go. Hope he gets round to sending it today....

So anyway, I did some work this week. Not as much as I should. Tried to get some info about a certain "monkey's paw" but the distributor knew nothing and I have so far failed to contact the company concerned (its "contact" link simply takes you to the shop!). Sigh. Looks like some cool stuff coming that I hope to get my hands on even if I don't get the Moog. :)

Thought of a possible new title for the novel. It actually works far better and makes me smile, even though it will mean a tweak to the cover idea. It's this:

From Beer To Eternity

Well, I like it. The old title seemed more serious than the book itself but this fits perfectly. Will see if I still like it in a week or so. Would love to have time to really work on it, still some parts not quite in the shape I want them but others are spot on barring some polish and wordcraft.

Got paid for the track tweak I did, which is something. Also sold the theremin plus, maybe a mistake as I should have persevered but the little toy one is fine for my purposes and I don't feel any pressure to learn it properly. I know: cop out. Hope my gong arrives today, bloody slow.

Can't think of much else. Oh, the "old friend" did eventually respond but it's the usual few lines about nothing doomed to peter out. I can't be bothered any more, life's too short. Why I'm telling you this I have no idea, obviously just want to get it off my chest in a vague and unsatisfactory way. Hey ho. Onwards! Oh wait, it's Friday and I don't do much on Fridays. Swimming in the afternoon sorta kills off any impetus or chance to play but it's good for me, unhealthy git I've become.

Later, gong came and it's excellent. CS30 here Monday but I'll need to get my own transformer. Watched Sherlock Holmes, not the shitty series but the film, which was excellent.

Stoned and listening to latest mix of Levant. It's really bloody good, the overdubs working well. Heh. I may have said heh earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment