Tuesday 4 November 2014

Back to work..

After several days of sheer Headshock indulgence. It's possible we recorded too much - my fault for a change, perhaps guided by the ghost of Phil. Simply: I wanted to hear the most recent gear recorded as I've hardly recorded the Minimoog much yet, let alone the Juno, the Streichfett.

Interestingly, the Juno6 has proved the most interesting addition, who'd have thought? Just that and a Kaoss Pad3 and I can pretty much play all day. Groovy! The Streichfett is good too - there's that lack of top end shine and occasional clipping but as a quick 'go to' instrument it fits our philosophy perfectly. I'm gradually tweaking all the pads in the Micron, some drastically, others just so I have somewhere to start. Will take a while but eventually it'll be full of things I need.

We got four recording sessions, two of approximately an hour, the other two of 10 and 20 mins respectively IIRC. Some seemed very good to me but we'll need to check out the kindness of repeated listens. Some parts could have been developed more at the time but hey.

Today, back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment