Saturday 2 January 2016

It's 2016

I never really got the hang of 2015 so I really want to try and sink some Maker Hooks into this worm and ride it rather than eventually realise it has passed. I'd like to publish 'Liminal Entity' and ideally polish 'From Beer...' but the latter seems like a major job when ideally I'd start on something new.

I have not made significant progress on any review. I had told myself 'today' but a mate is visiting so there's a good excuse to put it off again. I have at least made lots of cool sequences, going back to my old P3/KS4 combination and adding the Analog Four for genuine analogue bass and other stuff. The A4 is proving to be a far more interesting proposition once you introduce potent sequencing to the equation. Getting some really good results from it. Here's one of several new sketches, the sort of material I'll use for the gig at the end of the month.

https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/borderlands

May sell the Electribe 2. I'm just not getting the sounds I want from it and now I have the Sampler full of my own sounds, it feels superfluous. Slightly frustrating Korg limited the Sampler in terms of filters and memory but such is life.

I ordered an Erbe Verb. I did get an offer to swap my Elements module for one but in the end decided to keep Elements as something different to sequence. Its 'easter egg' mode swayed me actually.

Still haven't replaced my mobile phone. Fancy getting a new camera, something very small and portable since that was the role the phone mostly had. Here's the very last pic on my phone card, not sure if I'll get my numbers off the fecker though... :(


not a great shot but hey, I'll miss that phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment