Sunday 10 January 2016

Still 2016

Yep, no fooling me. I just spent time cleaning a rabbit's bits - poor sod can't look after himself too well cos of his crappy teeth and every now and again we need to turn him over and set to. Things we do!

So today I progressed the review I've been writing, one of the more complicated but also powerful jobbies so I hope to do it justice. Took way too long for me to grasp it all though, getting old. It's made harder cos I want to drop it and play my new keyboard, a CME xkey37 which has polyphonic aftertouch. Even though you don't get a lot of key travel, it's remarkably playable and I've connected it to the last available Cirklon input, routed to the Blofeld as default.

The Blofeld - possibly the best-sounding synth Waldorf ever made. Too strong? After playing it the last few days I sorta think so, setting the wave position or LFO speed via each key is awesome and my patches already sound better as I incorporate poly at into them.


I think I sold the ESX-1 (a guy was very keen, just waiting for the cash to come through) and agreed to swap my Electribe 2 for an Emu Morpheus. The Morpheus was a bit more than I planned to spend on one but they don't come up very often and a swap is a fairly painless way to do it. Also agreed swap of my KS-4 for a KS-Rack, with my old buddy Picko. Didn't even know he had one, just got to sort the where and whens. Probably not in time for gig at month end.

Hope to get new album done by then - that is released on cassette, the bandcamp can be later. Tim has a great cover in progress and Mick is doing the mastering so all good.

Taking the laptop back to PC World tomorrow. Expect a battle since they were such twats fobbing me off with HP. Having gone through it with them they now tell me to go back to where I had my warranty and get a rebuild. Wonder if that'll fix it, got zillions of crashes tonight working in a review. It really doesn't like Open Office. :(

Bob the rabbit sat eating and happy now after his ordeal. If he not looking better in a day though he's off to the vet, even though he hates going. Sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment