Thursday 14 January 2016

New album mastered and off for production... on cassette!

Well, after all, when I released music on cassette people listened. It can't hurt to try the idea again. Will do it on bandcamp too and probably not mention to the EM lot, they won't understand. ;)

Mick did the mastering, and in record time. I sorta hassled him to and feel bad about that since he has stuff going on. Listening through now he's done a superb job, hearing an increase in punch and clarity, a real brash and up-front job totally suiting the material. I must get a cassette deck so I can hear it how we intend! Not accepting his 'don't pay me' shit either.

Another day with baby, he was a bit upset today so took a long time to go off. In other news, I buried Bob the rabbit in his favourite spot. I'll miss the little fellow but there was no denying that tumour no matter how we wanted to.

Sent off a review today, not a long one but it was fairly complex and hard to do. A new version of the software arrived about an hour after I sent it in. Back to hardware for the rest of the day although it's software inside.

The Emu Morpheus arrived. I'd forgotten what an odd thing it is, much stranger than the Proteus 2000 in some respects and a pain to program in a way. But it responds to poly aftertouch, something the P2K doesn't, and I spent a while setting up a few patches from scratch to try it out. I think it might be really good for that, at least once I remembered the 'pressure depth' parameter which needs to be set as well as the amount in the mod matrix. I faffed around a while, thinking I'd discovered a bug in Cirklon (poly AT seemed only to be passed through when on ch1) but in the end I hadn't. I did think of a new Cirklon feature though, something to better enable me to control multiple modules from multiple keyboards. I'm sure Colin will be delighted!

Here's an early idea of the cover, not the final. Tim is bloody good at this! Indeed, where would I be without talented mates?!



No comments:

Post a Comment