Sunday 19 February 2017

Another post about the Octatrack

Did I go on about this already? I was experiencing lots of 'mem full' problems with the Octatrack and downgraded to 1.25E. Now I get less - but not none. The trouble with the OT, apart from the massive time suck it always performs on me, is that it is clearly obtuse enough for enough of its users so that proper bug reports have never been filed. If they have and there's reproducible errors, why the fuck is it 2017 and this thing isn't rock solid?

Today I think I will trim a lot of my samples to try and get more for the live project. I can't record long static samples straight to card and am filling the flex memory far too easily by just trying to act like I would with Logic. Ultimately I'm not going to be able to do without the RC-505.

In other news, there's a cool poster for the gig

Pleased that Basil Brooks asked if he could join me, bring his Synthi and make some noises. That should be great fun  - I'm sure it'll work out better than the last time someone guested on Synthi!

I'm adopting a new rule too when working with the Elektron stuff - going back the following day as my first action and verifying everything plays as it should. Yesterday I got a brief time (before a visitor stole my afternoon) to listen to Saturday's thing - and one track of the A4 was wrong. Turns out that in all but 1 of my patterns in bank G, this track was doing nothing useful - so I replaced it with a synthesized kick. Of course pattern G01 did use it properly and thus my intro was screwed. 

Had to recreate patch, store it in my sound pool and call it as a sound lock in that first pattern. This kind of thing is going to keep happening. I still wonder what kind of mentality is behind such nonsense!

Anyway, this was part of my noodlings...https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/bankg
It has the right warbly whoosh at the start :)




No comments:

Post a Comment