Monday 27 February 2017

Tomorrows Whirled

Yeah, that post header looks like a failed album title. My week has been one of hospital visits and far less work than I planned. And by that, read basically none. I did a fair chunk of the Morpheus filter review but that's pretty easy to sit and write. Have yet to finish it though. Sequencer review has to be parked for a bit as a new top secret, quick turnaround synth gets top billing. It arrived today and I've been learning it by programming as many patches as possible. No spoilers here, obviously.

So what with visiting my mum, I have not worked on either the FAF print run edited version nor have I touched the new one (except to note down a few of the ideas I have for it in much simplified form). All the characters are shaping up in my head, I have most of a plot, a few sub-plots too. Alas one of my names turns out to be nicked from Dr Who, thought I'd heard it before but thought it was just one of those 'periods' like the Jurassic, Cambrian, Permian etc. Oh well, I'll think of another.


Aim for next week - to go to the gym more than once! Might chase guy about my Elektron stands, had vertigo today from leaning over a lot yesterday. A chasing week - pension guy, you are in my sights. Again!

Monday now and the world keeps on being bizarre. The lead story on the news, going on for ages, is that some film got announced as winning an award, then the mistake was corrected. To me this is the biggest non-event ever but to the BBC it's an excuse for endless speculation, wibble and rambling nonsense. Stop the planet, I want to get off!!

Oh and I have a track on this rather fun podcast. Some great stuff on it, mine perhaps overcooked - an Octatrack improv based on my China recordings.




No comments:

Post a Comment