Wednesday 1 February 2017

Bogus Realities

Enough of the real world, I'm opting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK7Qhtuw-8Y&feature=youtu.be

That's me playing the Lyra-8. a Russian instrument I just reviewed and part of the reason I still get a kick out of writing reviews. How on Earth would I get hold of something like it otherwise?

Odd week, mum rushed to hospital, still there but a lot better than she was. So it's meant a tough week for getting anything done.
New week, mum home but will take a while to be back to how she was. Relieved though.

I bought another Octatrack. I know, I know. I realised I'd never get an MPC Live in time to master it and fill it before the May gig in Somerset. And I really don't want to take loads of gear, struggle, be juggling plates. I want to enjoy it. I therefore plan to have the OT and A4 doing my entire backing synced to live looping from the RC-505. Occurs to me I might use the Cue output to feed the looper but we'll see how all that hangs together. I'm bound to struggle at first deciding how to use it and curse about saving, getting around, tempo storage (or lack of). Actually, the RC-505 might be cool as the master...

A track Tim and I did the other day
https://soundcloud.com/headshocklab/qiameth

It's gonna be an insane year. Expect the music to reflect that!





No comments:

Post a Comment