Thursday 25 May 2017

Effect Chains

As an experiment today, I decided to process the Lyra-8 through a long chain of effects. Specifically a Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion, Eventide Mod Factor and Pitch Factor, OTO Biscuit, Boss DD-20 and OTO BAM. Good grief!!! Talk about complex, intense old school weird electronica! I mean, go on, talk about it. Talk about anything you like, I'm making weird noises!!



Weirdly, I have almost compiled an ambient album of some kind. A few rough edges, some distortion and level jumps, but good as a background mulch in the 'Exoplanets' vein. Will see if I like it in a week or so.

This retirement thing. It's making me grumpy. I can't decide if it's an extended holiday in which I read books and listen to music all day or something else. Whatever that something else might be, it sure doesn't involve urgency or direction. I'm also not sleeping.

We're getting a new conservatory. I spend lots of time in this one so one twice the size has to be a good thing. Pat scuppered my attempts to haggle with one of her odd outbursts though, not too sure what causes them but I made the mistake of mentioning it this morning. Note to self: keep everything cooped up, write a diary or something.

Another email about the early cassettes. Not entirely sure why this keeps happening.

Lately read two Harry Harrisons (OK, one, the second was just too crap to get through). Anyone else tells me my writing style is like his gets hit. Reading a David Gemmell crime story now, not my usual genre but superbly written, as I have come to expect. I'll never be as good.

I seem to have exchanged SOS writing for DIY, so have swapped challenging and interesting for challenging and not interesting at all. Still, there's a module on the way, not that I'm going into the baking studio any time soon.

Mum's condition starting to affect her life/outlook. She's been listless for a while now.

Funny, I never go back and read these things but writing stuff down does help. A little.


Lots of time for walks when you retire

Weird to wear a suit again... even if Pat did have to superglue my shoes together ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment