Tuesday 30 May 2017

Anniversary and stuff

Yeah, been married 29 years now. Celebrated with a Mexican meal (excellent) and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (also excellent).

Today I may complete the FAF 'paperback rewrite/reformat'. I have about 20 pages still to do.
It's funny in a way because I've had to tweak because of the evolution of the Aesir/Hazeer in Bogus Realities. I think it'll work a lot better now, as long as I don't kill it by over-editing.

Amazingly, another email about my early cassettes. Bizarre innit. I really must get a cassette deck and see what can be salvaged.

Later...

I was right, I did complete FAF and then got stuck with getting page numbers in (managed it but not perfectly). Anyway, submitted and then saw the pricing options, which were sobering. I know it's long but hadn't expected it to cost $13! Doubt I'll be persuading many pals to buy one but I will and lend it out. :) Getting a print will give me a chance to read and edit again but I should probably stop.
Later (2)
Heh, thought of an important edit overnight, made it and then discovered the minimum price had risen from $13.50 to $13.98!! So I'm definitely gonna stop. I guess the pound ain't doing well because Theresa May was such a car crash on TV last night.

Novel was actually available this morning but it's in review again now cos of my fiddling.

Poor Jasper still having arse problems. Farting horribly also. May need another vet visit, poor old thing. One of his farts woke me up the other morning, I may have mentioned it.

Anyway, today I bought a piano. It wasn't the one I expected either as I tried a cheap Casio and actually liked it better. The keyboard was nice, the speakers beat the similarly-priced Yamaha and I went home and pondered. Then bought the next one up which has more polyphony and the alternate tunings I was keen to play with. Got a decent deal on an ex-demo one, stand too. So the clear half of the attic starts getting full again. Typical! Ordering chair/bed tomorrow.

Review module arrived so that's cool, something to do tomorrow.

Pat on riding holiday next week. Already preparing for creative week on the far edges of reality.


One of the pix I decided not to use, although I liked the nice goldy light on the jacks


The novel cover, pix by Tim - cheers dude! Realised too late I had not put my own website anywhere but Tim's is in there ;)

And it's live. I ordered so will let you know what it's like and whether I recommend you to go mad and blow some cash on it too. (Hint: I probably will)

And..




No comments:

Post a Comment