Friday 8 December 2017

And so it goes...

I had a great idea to break my deadlock with the Easel - a couple of them actually. The first involved a swap for the Kinesthetic controller but using the MIDI input when I wanted regular playing. I did need some assurance the K didn't suffer from the same grounding issues. My other idea stemmed from this; the KMR website shows a base setup (case/LEM208) which you can build on - it claims to have MIDI I/O which is where I thought: why not just add your own MIDI keyboard?
I thought about this overnight and realised that the website's claim is nonsense. It doesn't have MIDI I/O, it just has a couple of sockets awaiting connection to either a controller or MIDI module. I'd got quite excited about the alternate system I was going to put together too, ditching the aliasing mess that is the aux card and getting another complex oscillator. Oh well, back to trying to get a working keyboard, or giving up I guess.

A compilation came out today for which I provided a track, 1 second short of the required time, so doing my usual 'not quite satisfying' thing.

This is it

We've been without our large telly for a week now. I'd like to say I'm starting to respond to my environment and come alive, but actually I'm just watching the laptop more, which is even less stimulating than Netflix.

One of my absolute favourite things is this: I get to a point in a novel where I'm stuck. So I have a creative day, record some nonsense  then, after a pipe and a few hoppy beers, launch into writing. Suddenly I get past the point where I was stuck and magically get inspired to join something up I'd been meaning to for a while. Simple pleasures, I know, but still. A thread sorted that was in danger of dying. 


Still no telly. Sob.



No comments:

Post a Comment