Tuesday 26 December 2017

Mixed Feelings

Yeah, as I packed away the Easel ready to return it, I was actually sad. It shows that it has made an impression with me and my quest to find a fully-working one must continue. I did a fairly in-depth write-up of the issues with the keyboard and even knocked up a video, which may help them understand why it begins to fail after being on for a while, at least here.
During the time I've had it, I considered lots of ways in which I could work around it, maybe replacing the keyboard with a MIDI module and then run some external MIDI - but the main reason I like it is because it is a complete instrument in itself. That's what I want, not some infinitely expandable amorphous thing. So I have a lead on a company who will build one and with a spec that's up for discussion too. I won't be able to comment here though as an NDA is involved.

Can't fault shop for their willingness to see me happy but wish I could have got a working one and spent the hols recording with it with Tim. As it is, made a start on video for the West Midlands guys. Tim filming, me talking shite. Quite hard doing something in a 10 min chunk, usually I'd not think about time.

In the meantime, I'm feeling like I need to treat myself to something and the Endorphin Shuttle System keeps coming to the fore.
Baby came, my back was sore but is getting better. Done novel stuff, relaxed with Iron Fist on Netflix (a cross between The Champions and Kung Fu). Have drunk. Currently listening to ELO at Wembley while drinking absinthe.

Very happy with these!


Heh

No comments:

Post a Comment