Friday 1 December 2017

On the other hand

I've gone on quite a lot about the Easel lately, mostly fighting with bits of it or picking faults. But the whole initial analysis thing isn't ever the whole story. This is why reviews used to take me longer and longer. The other half is using it, making music with it, and in this respect, I'm enjoying it  plenty. It has some similarities with the Synthi for pulsing oddness but ca be made to turn melodic and even virtuosic. A second hand one showed up today - older model without the arpeggiator. Made me dig into this one all over again and record some stuff. It fits my palette very well and I only made a couple of cockups (getting hold of wrong slider on both occasions, have swapped a couple of slider caps around) but can live with that. A few shorter patch cables so I could see better would help too. Oops, almost slipping into grumbling again. And I'm keeping this one. Slightly sad that seller didn't contact me  to try and get my keyboard issues resolved but if banana leads ever come may have to ruin one to try.
In short - good session and shows that limitations suit me well in my advancing years.
Programmed 'tuned noise' patch on the KS4 because I missed a particular sound and realised it was from the Micron.
Thought for the day: when Babylon 5 is bad, it's really bad.
In the same way that I always recognise the SH-101, the Minimoog, the Synthi, the Perfourmer, the Juno6, so I recognise the Easel. That is a good thing.
Did this https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/diesel-aneasel

Oh yeah, Pat went out tonight so I did the Friday afternoon thing in the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment