Friday 5 January 2018

New Year, old stuff

Yeah, my mum began this year in the same way as the last one - in hospital. A touch of pneumonia and sepsis, the infection apparently coming on like a switch. All very worrying, especially as we got a first hand view of how Preston Hospital is struggling to cope in A&E. Since they shut Chorley A&E it puts an impossible load on Preston and there were lots of people in corridors, long waits and general unhappiness. She looked quite chipper under the circumstances and after waiting about 10 hours a bed was made available.

I have yet to get in the mood for working. Sorting out the refund for the Easel and going to take an Endorphin Shuttle System as part of it. I don't know how long it will be before mine is made - still waiting for the nda and starting to wonder if it's even worth bothering with.

A Eurorack thought: now I've started to section off parts of it, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the obscuring cables effect. I'm wondering about having looms follow a precise path to give me full access to the knobs, which inevitably means a degree of binding cables and rearranging modules physically. Heresy to the modular crowd I expect but more useful to me for making music.

OK, it's Thursday and I've moved all my modules around. Initially thought I'd colour-code my cables by function but it turns out that's a dumb idea unless you have zillions in all lengths. As is so often the case, length is the primary issue, especially if the goal is accessibility. The sequencing box is up and running and I'll sort the ambient/drone box tomorrow.
Mum home and on the mend, even though they would ideally have kept her in if they could.

Friday, went to get mum's prescription. Afternoon spent with sequencer box
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/sequencerbox-simple-test


https://www.instagram.com/p/BdkmcaZlu2J/?taken-by=smokyfrog

With a full day and lots of time, a track could emerge from this lot methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment