Saturday 10 February 2018

ANOTHER excellent Friday

This Friday I pushed ahead with the new novel, the first actual progress in a long time. The knot I was stuck at has now combed through and a few ideas have clicked together. Let's hope I can sustain it but it gives me the momentum to head towards the next plot point, which is all I ever ask.

Listening through old library tracks (trying to find some suitable for pilate type exercises), I realise how many I've done. I even used bass guitar in a couple. And I'm a rubbish bass player - must have quantised almost every note!

I recorded several things today, two of which I've spliced into the 'Bag of Smoke' album. Or perhaps one belongs in the other one that is growing in parallel. I got stoned and confused myself over what, exactly, I was recording and missed one cool loop from the Blofeld. All good in the end, I suppose. I still like the sound of the Easel on this album's other tracks. Will have another one day.

Found an old one: https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/the-enchanted-garden

Oh, and while mentally relaxed I bought Ann's Omnichord. She's going to live on a boat and has no room. Probably be some of her synths advertised too, will let the historians fight over those.

Saturday and wet. Must pick up the green today and continue writing while the ideas flow. Up to date with my current module reviews until more come. Really enjoying the DPO that I bought and the little Roland case is lovely. If I was more caring I'd have a photo but a link to an instagram pic will have to do ya.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be-5hGaF_aA/


No comments:

Post a Comment