Wednesday 14 February 2018

Exoplanets vol 4

I can see that these blogs are starting to follow a certain predictable path, as indeed does my life. As of today (Wednesday), I'm up to date with my module reviews, not actively looking out for more, not even personally wanting any new ones as there's still so much I want to explore with my current system.

Anyway, as I've been sitting on Exoplanets 4 for quite some time, I listened through, took out one long track and replaced it with the recent one (which simply uses the Tapographical Delay and Plonk modules with some random modulation and morphing). It's simple but sorta works as a change compared to all the drones. I included the most edited version of the 'big ambient bahoomy', in which removed most of the sequences. Cute though they were, they didn't quite sit with the Exoplanet theme which should be that nothing much happens. Fave track is the middle one, Kritl. Did a nice cover with a bit of PSP butchering of pilfered images.

https://paulnagle.bandcamp.com/album/exoplanets-volume-4

Bought Ann's Omnichord, did I mention that? Was rather drunk when she offered it and, as I'd always fancied one, plunged in. Not arrived yet but hopefully for the Friday afternoon sesh when I can put it through a zillion effects, or something.

The bastards at Netflix have cancelled Dirk Gently season 3. There's a petition going:  https://www.change.org/p/netflix-renew-dirk-gently-s-holistic-detective-agency-for-season-3-future-seasons?recruiter=63747374&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_message.nafta_milestone_share_ask_victory.control

There's also a form to send an email to Netflix executives: https://t.co/Fp9Fr7hmPc

I'm supposing anyone wacky enough to read this blog is wacky enough to appreciate this version of Dirk (far superior to the feeble effort made by the BBC). Anyway, it's a change for me to add anything other than my random and indulgent brain-dumps, so there you go.

I'll finish with purpley pix.




No comments:

Post a Comment