Wednesday 6 November 2019

Busy busy

Well, I have been. Yesterday I did a quick new track for a Concrete compilation on behalf of the Labour party - I did it in Berlin style and called it Entrenched Positions. While doing it I was bugged by the Odyssey's LFO reset so when I went to see Tony today, I took it. He very kindly sorted it for me on the spot, then replaced the Octatrack encoder - so I'm ready for the thing with Gaz next week. My Synthi is getting a few mods too. Well, why not!

Some person who had owned the Ody before me was of the view you should squirt stuff into sliders, so there would be a sticky residue for ever more. I really wish people would not do this! I hear it so often and it's always wrong. 

Oh, and I agreed to a gig on the 24th. One of those Deep Listening things. Might do something on the modular - seems like I should since I bought that portable case!



Shall I put the colours back in the conventional way, or not?
Tomorrow I'm off to see John for a good natter, leaving Friday to exploit that free-running LFO and OT, or maybe just to get hammered and noodle. At some point I should think about next week and whether to take other stuff than the OT - something to sample probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment