Thursday 23 January 2020

JD-XA bedding in

Well, seems that the mod wheel is buggered. Which is a shame because it's the wheel I most want to use. Hopefully it can be replaced and not cost a lot.

Slight pain is that Roland won't let regular humans order spare parts directly - only authorised dealers. I'm trying to persuade Oliver, a guy I've dealt with before, to help or at least tell me what to do.

In other news I programmed my first patches on it - some layered and split stuff using the analogue voices in 4-voice mode. Great stuff so far - made patches I can built on. I have also moved it into the studio of light so I can see the panel. Was thinking that it could pair up with the RC-505 as a complete stand-alone thing. The more I limit myself the better, as we know.

The H4n Pro turned up and my buyer's remorse has gone as it's a lovely, chunky thing that could be really good for location work and multitrack too.

Pat's off for the weekend, leaving me all that lovely contiguous studio time. If inspired I might try and finish the piano album. It really needs one more good coherent track plus a nebulous, warm bath kind of a track to make a worthwhile.

Jasper seems to have having arse problems again. Tail down, back legs trembling. Vet time and probably more antibiotics I guess.



Not too sure why I found this street light fascinating.

Thursday was a good day for the JD-XA. Well, apart from Roland being awkward about sending spare parts unless I'm a store. Matt will sort for me. I worked on a bunch of sounds in Bank C using the sequencer to add a drone over which other digital parts can play or the analogue parts solo.Works really well starting and stopping the sequencer manually moving between patches and playing along to an unsynced groove. That could well be what I get up to tomorrow afternoon. Very meditational. Using the banks as keys, like the Octatrack, making everything effortless. And I really like effortless.

Struggled to get pill into Jasper despite wrapping in cheese then chicken. He was not happy I forced it in. A few days of arse-rubbing and pill forcing ahead. Am determined though. Vet says he has two hermias and lots of fibrous tissue making shitting tough. May need op but really hope not. He's too old.

I bought a moderate amount of beer so Pat won't worry when she's away. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment