Friday 3 January 2020

New Year, trying to remember why I bought that RK-005

I think it's because someone recommended it, but I can't for the life of me see why I didn't go for the cheaper Kenton instead, especially as the Kenton comes with a power supply and this fecker doesn't. I suspect it may have been the gate output, which is supposed to trigger my Juno 6 arpeggiator (but didn't when I tried it). Could be I've got my ring and tip mixed up - don't snigger you at the back there! Can happen to anyone, especially someone advancing in years but not maturity.

The OP-1 has made some groovy noises when sequenced via MIDI though and you can sync its tape recorder too, so I will plan another bonding session with it. Suspect I'd still sell it if anyone had a spare £800 though.

Aha, the ever-wise Gaz reminded me that the RK-005 will talk to a hub and therefore more devices than the Kenton. I will probably need to be stoned again to get into a receptive enough state to know what that means and how it might apply to me. This I will achieve today.

Thought for the day:
* I do things without thinking. Or rather, without fully emerging from the alternate reality environment which runs inside my head.
* This has been my modus operandi for decades, if not forever.
* And yet.
* WHENEVER I do something without thinking, Pat expresses extreme surprise, disbelief and disappointment.
* I have no solution to this.
* Today I cut a cake without first removing it from the tin it was in, thus exposing the tin to danger of being scratched.
* At the time I was still trying to solve the problem of Tony the invisible lizard and his motives for helping out Herbal Jeff.

It's now Friday! I did my tax return last night after a  vast takeaway, plus cake.

I think it will be a drone and ambience afternoon but with echoey beats. Those are the sounds going through my mind and I think about lizard factions and their repercussions.




Must order a new power supply for that Mod Factor...



No comments:

Post a Comment