Wednesday 15 January 2020

OP-1 gone, JD-XA arrived

I swapped a neat little thing for a big ugly thing. Means a bit of a swap around, the Virus Polar once again being removed. It'll probably go back into its box soon but I am now very aware that the Osmose, when it arrives, will need a space too.
UPS say the JD will arrive by the end of day. I hope they don't mean end of days, because that won't leave me much time to play it.
I advertised the Mono Circuit, just because. And the RK-005 too. I *think* the metronome out of the JD-XA sequencer might be sufficient to drive the Juno 6 arpeggiator; we'll see.



In other news, I have started the new novel. I wrote the prologue and chapter 1 then immediately realised I'd forgotten something. I expect this will happen a lot. However, it is much easier to write when you already know what should happen in each chapter. It's like playing a known tune is easier than improvising because you can put more into how you play.

It's grey and miserable and rainy. Such events now have names and this one is called Brendan, or Brandon, or Bramley or something.

The JD-XA arrived and I could find no way of wiping all its patches, so have started at A01 with something very basic I'll build on. Weird, and I should maybe have pointed this out in the review, but you can't turn parts 'off' - just set to a different MIDI channel or wonky key range I guess. I think I will probably not use its sequencer much and just have it as a thing to play. If I keep it, one of those overlays would be good - one with the text printed legibly.

Hilarious, the day after my JD arrived one appears in the SOS ads in Cumbria for £600. Sigh...

It's a beautiful Wednesday and I can't help thinking I should not spend it gazing at a synth. In other news, Tony the invisible lizard became Gary the dream lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment