Monday 27 January 2020

Home Alone

Pat heading north with auntie Margaret leaving me to my own devices for a few days. I pottered with the JD this morning for an hour or so and fancy moving into the Dark Studio later on. Feels quite cold and it's always warmer in there. May try and do that catchy one as a short track for ANT as I don't think the last one I submitted was all that great (although Don has done a decent song over it). If I turn the Mac on I'll try and make it worthwhile - but I realise I could test out recording on the H4n too.

I'll crack on with the novel too as that's been neglected for a few days. It's weird knowing where it's going and what's going to happen, kinda takes the buzz out of getting stoned, opening the laptop and find out by writing it. Hope to still incorporate that kind of experience into the process because it's enjoyable.

Recorded a couple of things.Wrote some novel stuff but started to get side-tracked in the whole dream angle of it. Must either keep those sections really short or gather them all together at the end. Another of my many gimmicks. I could just have Herbal Jeff remember stuff randomly but that feels like a cop-out .

Watched some Mr Robot and even a Witcher, despite it being crap. Too Much Input. Does not help the writing or anything. The first track I recorded today needs a loose dubby bassline, which I'll do tomorrow on Cirklon so I can record unquantized. Good day even if house is currently a tip. Jasper alright but not good with pink pills. Slipping into cheese tomorrow morning, that used to work and I have mild squishy cheese now.

Hah! It's Saturday and I've done quite a lot of writing, all good fun too. Still in pink pill trials with dog.
Am deviating a LOT from my original pace in terms of what happens in each chapter, which is probably fine. Flowing well.

Monday, Pat home, I have four chapters and I feel the pace is cranking up faster than I planned. Indeed, the plan is rapidly going out of the window although it's really the fine detail stuff now, which is normal. Did nothing worthwhile musically, indeed I left the studio off on Sat/Sun. Going to take Jasper for a walk now and hopefully boost his appetite.
Withdrew my ad for the Mono Circuit though. I should keep it as a reminder not to buy things without thinking. The RK-005 too as it came in useful the other day.

It's Mozart's birthday today. I fancy cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment