Tuesday 11 February 2020

Bogged down in geography

Alright, I should have done it sooner: draw a map. I've done one now, loosely based on the area surrounding Sellafield, although I've moved a few places around, erased most of the rest and added ghost towns and no-go areas to suit my narrative. I suspect I'll need to refined it later and make sure I haven't contradicted anything too badly.

The need came about when I was about to kill my first character and up the tempo generally. I realised it wouldn't make sense without some planning. Should be back on track soon but I might need to let it all stew for a day or so before I find the correct approach.

Recorded a track yesterday that Don might be able to turn into something.
Today I started another in the other room. Might blend together in some way as a catchy kind of thing. It's forming in my mind anyway.


A tale of two days. The nice shadows were followed today with a named storm, although I refuse to give it one. We just escaped but I've ordered more sandbags so we aren't caught out in future. Course one day the rain will just continue until it's in the house :(

I think I cracked my difficult scene. It didn't take major surgery either, just some gentle pushing and maneuvering, which is how I like it. In the next read-through I might add a tiny amount of detail and description but keep the main section to the fast and hopefully dramatic way it is now.

Tuesday, off to buy some outdoors clothes for the Scotland trek. I didn't go to the gym, just pottered with a few parts of the novel in preparation for the next section. May need to suspend though because I got the heads up that the Hydrasynth is coming. Rather looking forward to digging in to that.





No comments:

Post a Comment