Monday 3 February 2020

Gig offer and indolence

For Ideation, so I needn't say no right away but wait for Pete. Sounds like a decent gig too but still not sure my heart's in it. Of course the longer I leave it the less likely it will be that I do anything much again. Really, I'd like to go to Ozora but it's depressing doing these things alone, like Billy No-Mates.

Occurred to me you can do a complete ambient set on something like a 1010Music Blackbox, if you're content to put most (or all) on a backing track. Streaming high quality audio direct from card in sync with loops and other samples seems better realised for simplicity than the Octatrack. Almost makes me wish I'd bothered to learn those modules that came that time, one of which was essentially the same thing. I think I dismissed it at the time as an iPhone in your Eurorack case. Must try and get over my dislike of touchscreens. ;)

This week was my last chance to get something together for Tim to film but it looks like I'll fail at that too. My mind is still full of novel stuff and I suspect that's where it will stay for a while. One day we're talking to the money man, so I'll watch out for phrases like 'recession soon', 'you're doomed' and 'we're spending the final remnants of your cash on our lovely new office and extra staff'.

Fecking sleeting this morning. Aqua aerobics tonight. We leave the EU on Friday and all the angry victors seem suspiciously quiet. I wonder if the next stage in their futile quest for happiness is to murder anyone who doesn't have their own flag pole?

Hmmm, Pete is keen on doing the gig. So it's miserable, dithering old me that has to decide. Maybe I should make myself. Update: phew but he can't cos it's Ade's wedding. Off the hook!

I reached the end of Mr Robot and much was familiar. It's about created identities taking over the host but I guess it isn't set in Preston so not a Future Art Factory ripoff! I do sometimes wonder though about intellectual property and whether any of my ideas, repackaged by someone more talented, could appear in some really successful series or film. Hey ho.

Good Wednesday. Jams with Tim, mid-week beers, some novel work and general lazing. All good.

Time has passed. It's Monday again, another month apparently. Novel still going well - coming up with some good solutions to things and it does suggest that having a plot, even if you don't stick rigidly to it, helps. I also listened back to my Synth Bathing album and think it might be rather good. I therefore updated it from free to £3. Not bad for something that's slightly longer than a double album.

This week I have things on the calendar. To an unwitting observer it might appear I have a life.




No comments:

Post a Comment