Sunday 24 May 2020

Tempus Forget

Saturday. I did a wordcount on the work-in-progress and was pleasantly surprised to see it's 68,000 or thereabouts. With maybe four or five chapters to go, that's pretty good. I've covered all the ground I wanted and now only have to decide who to kill, who to spare, and how much to leave hanging for a possible sequel. There's no way I can do the 'Walking Dead' type apocalyptic demise of humanity justice without making this into a beast as big as FAF. Fortunately, I've set enough of it in motion so there can be a satisfying ending for this one without too many unanswered questions. Not like me at all!



Some of the other rather splendid pix Tim took on our 'park day'


And one of mine.
A good day today. The USB/Ethernet adapter finally came and was a joy to use - gave me a wired connection exactly as it was meant to with these Netgear things. I did a very quick test and all seemed to work well - played back and it's clear, with no dropout. Haven't listened in detail through phones or owt, can polish sound and plan something more structured now I know it works. Tim has a webcam I can try to replace the laptop one - what a pro!

Also sorted some aspects of novel I'd left until now, with my lizard girl and her hazy motives. All now ready for me to write the grandish finale and then I have my draft #1. With that I can start adding a few flowery bits, throw in a few red herrings and generally tart up the prose to be less 'hey man' stoner shite.

It's all good!




No comments:

Post a Comment