Thursday 21 January 2021

Farewell old friend

 Well, Pat pointed disapprovingly to my belly and suggested I was drinking more beer than usual. So that's nice. Good she looks out for me though, I'll hide the bottles in future ;)

The conservatory has a small leak. It explains the wetness over quite a long period that we'd put down to all sorts of nonsense without really investigating. Pension dude reckons my tax bill is about right, which is sobering but I think I understand. It will probably mean we pay very little next time due to their dodgy estimation algorithms. Anyway, rather a drag having to get cash at this stage (especially after we just did our annual 'legacy' thing) but has to be. I'll maybe keep some of the PRS back in the coming year rather than blow it on toys. That's assuming it keeps coming, of course. 

Possibly the BB is coming today but no delivery info yet. Went shopping but it was the shit sushi woman so didn't buy any. 

Friday again, yay. I'm thinking of a couple of places in the Accidental Hermit where some Rick Curran violin (and cello if poss) would really enhance it. The BlackBox slotted in perfectly, as I knew it would, and in a Cirklon environment I can do things like close the filter smoothly over loop transitions, for those times I was noodling too far away from the BB to see the loop coming to an end. I do sometimes forget to end with a similar sound to how I started but automation from within a Cirklon pattern is the perfect solution. Pointed out a few simple flaws in recording, say, a 32 bar Ck pattern in terms of visibility but at least I do finally have a use for Cirklon's A/B knobs - recording my tweaks. The MIDI Learn of the BB was as easy as I hoped too - and I see how using Cirklon's sequencer to trigger samples is going to be a logical next step. 

I think some cello over the windy piano track (the one Tim isn't keen on) might lift it from so-so to go-go. Will offer to pay Rick something though, only fair. 

Where are we? Could be Tuesday. The book about Klaus Schulze arrived and I had a mess with the oil paints. Realised the canvas boards I bought are way too large for a 'getting reacquainted' session so abandoned the woody one in favour of a smaller self-portrait. I can come back to it, of course. So far I'm much happier than I was using acrylics, although I'd forgotten how messy I get when using oils. Will definitely need more paint and a couple of extra brushes, and some more turps than the wee bottle they sent. Still, pretty happy so far and it's better than sitting on my arse. 

It's raining and it was sulky sushi lady's turn at Sainsbury's today, so none of my favourites prepared. Woe is me!

It's a rainy Thursday and we've decided Jasper has suffered enough. Had an awful few days with him - he's barely managed to crap at all. I suspect I'm going to blub but I think we need to go through with it this time. The periods where he is able to function normally are getting smaller and smaller. Made a start on a painting yesterday but don't feel like doing much today except sitting around. Bad news about conservatory too - was made with several important errors. No wonder they went out of business!



No comments:

Post a Comment