Wednesday 24 February 2021

The album is finally out this week!

Yesterday afternoon was a good one - made some progress making interesting patches from the cello, violin and viola fragments. I was using MIDI-clocked grains quite a bit, creating these strange, cascading patterns. I could link it from here but, as usual, they'll be deleted by the time I post this blog. 

I made a further refinement to the DFAM setup - removed Stages as I decided to put in a different filter for the overall output of the drums. The Moog eurorack filter seemed to work well - and can be driven from any of the filter outputs of the DFAM itself. Stages is just another multi-functional module that I'd probably prefer to be simpler and less crammy. My Eurorack philosophy in a nutshell. I might swap it for the Natural Gate and see what difference that makes to the DFAM output. I guess having two delay modules in that tiny case could be considered overkill. Magneto is so damn large but it sounds great so I'll maybe ditch the tapographic delay. 

Made more sweet Sys8 patches. No need to sequence it from the Digitone either as its own sequencer has both step and real time modes so I can capture a few performance type things in it. Unlike the JD-XA, you can switch to a new patch when the sequencer is running and it takes over smoothly. Very useful. 

Monday now. Seems a little warmer than it was last week. 

Ah yes, the album. Not mine but the ANT vinyl/CD/download. I think on Wednesday it's the album of the day on Radio 6, meaning they'll play a track in every show throughout the day. If that doesn't cause several sales I don't know what will. I can see the admin part of the bandcamp page could get complex given Dean's gonna send out orders but they'll come to me initially, paypal too. This is when my total lack of organisation will  probably become clear. 

Turned a knob on the DFAM today and the whole thing fell off. Turns out whoever fitted the additional knobs to the sequencer and mixer screwed them so tightly they split some of the underlying stalks. I glued the top of the stalk back on (after spilling a bit of glue on the panel and sticking my fingers together) but I think I'll not reattach the larger knobs. I prefer to use the SQ1 as sequencer anyway so it's not a huge deal. 

Tried the Natural Gate in the Roland case and on power up it went crazy - all modules doing mad flashing lights and the audio output going ape. Didn't bother to faff any further with it. 

More plays on Radio 6. Wrote a very quick biog for Radio 6 as they're giving us lots of play on Wednesday. Dean's popularity and Don's songs could take us a long way. We'll see if there's a sales burst. 

It's Wednesday and we're album of the day. Been listening but I've discovered that commercial radio gives me a headache. Sales pootling along without going mad yet. I've been trying to do some video - stock footage and faffing so far but it's taking shape. A bit. Gonna film some knob twiddles and see if Don and Dean supply footage to cut in. Added some random text plucked from song. It's not great and the laptop is creaking like mad - but getting there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment