Sunday 7 February 2021

Almost

 Worked on three different sections today - played a Lyra solo on the track where I'd thought of having Mark play. Remixed the string part again and made a small tweak to Martin's track. Once the violin is added could be there, still undecided about flute, could be unnecessary. 

Monday evening and Rick sent the violin part through, plus some noodles for me to granularise or generally faff with. I am very excited. Not super excited, but very. 




Wednesday. Tim was allowed to come yesterday so that was nice. Sold my Juno 6 and immediately ordered a green MS20. No, I can't explain it either - but they look so nice. This will be my 4th and there must be a reason I keep getting them (then selling later). Oh well. Comes tomorrow. 
Spent this morning faffing with cello additions - not sure I've made track better but have replaced a few of my dodgy phrases with Rick's nicer and more lyrical ones. Will let it lie a day or so then come back and see what I think. That could be the final bit before I send to get mastered. 

Weird. Chatting to Paul this morning I told him I'd never had to work and he had to remind me of an entire IT career that had somehow slipped my mind. Must have done 25 years and somehow I casually forgot all about it. 
Saturday night. We watched Parasite (very good) and I drank whiskey. Earlier I sent the album to Dean and it's on its way back already. Incredible! Recorded some MS20 noodles today which could be quite promising I think. Indeed, it began morphing into a minimal techno track without me even thinking about it. The Cirklon / BB setup is going to be another good one - different flavour than the Digitone / BB setup. 
Should be able to release album for next Bandcamp Friday. Ben has promised (again) he'll work on book cover. 


I'll take some more pix soon. This was the thing I recorded today. 

Dean did another brill job with the mastering. Just listening and feeling content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment