Tuesday 13 December 2022

PRS again, some frost... RIP Manuel Göttsching

 We walked Wednesday this week due to the St Catherine's meal thing on Thursday. Meal meant I missed the planning meeting, should probably go look at Youtube and see the outcome, not that it's in much doubt. Had some communication with the council - LCC this time - but UU are ignoring me, at least so far. 

Anyway, going to be chirpy today as it's Friday and I fancy a good studio noodle, even though I expect it to be cold. Gonna cheat the dice and make sure I'm in the warmer, darker half, fancy an MS20/Synthi day actually. 







Did a nice sequency one with P3 and JD on Saturday. Then on Sunday I got a payout from one of my US publishers - not a huge amount but better than a kick in the dick. It's my part of the sync fee not writer royalties.

Monday and Tim, John and I are going to Lancaster to see Mick. Will maybe get a 3/4 Oasis photo or something. Manuel Göttsching has died

Well, that seems to have slipped me into a funereal mood. Another hero and way too young, makes me wish I'd gone to see him play E2-E4 in Hebden a few years back, even though it's the only Ashra album I don't like. Oh well.

Was good to see Mick yesterday, hope we can get together again in a more relaxed environment where travel isn't a thing.

Today I have no plans at all, which is nice. I should chase the council and UU but it's already feeling like it's going to be a long and drawn-out campaign now the only leverage we had (objecting to housese) is gone. Twin Peaks composer died too - Angelo Badalamenti - so Tim will be in mourning I expect. Hmmm, think I'll take a walk out to get some bread. Yeah, that kind of day. Think I'll bring my Reface piano downstairs for some noodletime in the relative warm. Also had a great idea for reorganising the Cirklon setup, putting it in the old P3 flightcase with a few essential things while still keeping all the cable access open. A job for when it's warmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment