Monday 19 December 2022

Reorg of setup 3, DRM-1 not powering up. Osmose coming!

Yeah, starting to lose faith that thing (DRM-1) will ever work properly or reliably. Will take a look again tomorrow when less pissed off and see what Tony thinks. Perhaps get it fixed then move it on, frustrating because I really like it when it's working. Need to get the jack on Colin's blue box replaced too as that's gone buggered, meaning I can't sync my 101 from it. Might take the 101 out and put the XD in its place for now. 

Makes me wonder if I should get a Drumbrute Impact - added advantage of a clock output that might drive the 101. Guess I should try the Microfreak's clock output to see if that does. Hah, what am I talking about? I just put the 101 back on the Cirklon setup, meaning I have clock coming out of my ears from the CVIO! Will fire up the Sampling Electribe too and trigger it from Cirklon because it sounds great, it's just the sequencer that's too basic. Had a sesh, realised I'll have to make the input louder to the BB though. 

Shite, no walk tomorrow cos Tony's had a leak. Hope it's not too bad - he's going to try and fix. Will walk out with Pat in the morning then retire to the studio. Still contemplating treating myself to something, will chase Tom re: Minifreak.

Yeah I actually paid for the Osmose - someone on Facebook mentioned to look in Spam for the 'ready' emal and there it was! Today was meant to be curry but Longridge gridlocked, or Fell Brow anyway (due  to burst water main). Started a new tune and immediately happy with the first thing. Using Cosmos rhythmic (looper) firmware and the Jupiter 8plugout which I rarely use but a nice synth. Back in Gm the favourite key of my youth. 

Saturday, Tim and I did a thing that was most agreeable (Uunarteq) and now it's Sunday and I've done very little all day. It's cold and I can't be arsed going into the studio. 





Hmm DRM-1 fuses seem OK, unless it's those weird ones inside. Anyway. can't be arsed with it, played piano a bit instead and guessing my technique going to be a disappointment when Osmose comes. Left that little radiator on all through Sunday and just noticed it today (Monday afternoon). Idiot! Feel in some kind of limbo, which ain't normal for me. This has been a truly shit blog entry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment