Monday 12 June 2023

Hot hot hot

 Yeah, positively scorchio so ain't in the studio today (Saturday). Listening through an album I bought and reflecting that a quick audition online ain't a good way to trust someone's recommendation. Anyway it's The Clandestine Gate by Bell Witch and, fuck, is it tedious. I'm praying for it to end but it's been playing for hours. OK, I checked and it's been playing for 59.5 mins.... ah, as I type it winds down, such power I have! The organ at the end sounds like the organ at the start that I'd liked. Just need to chop the 55 mins of overblown nonsense in the middle. Hey, this is why I don't review albums!

Contemplated doing some painting, choosing a Macbook to buy, clearing more of the garden... guess what I opted for? Yes, beer and a good book. Just need something decent to listen to.

Thursday and got some studio fun in the morning before it got too hot. https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/ck-inteza-126


Friday, Pat was away at her pal's so I took Broc for a walk. Too hot for studio later so Tim and I recorded a few pieces Al Fresco, which sound pretty good on first listen. Nicky in the UK early next month, quite near Cambridge too but too late to change her times to early August when it's Synth DIY. She suggested I go to New Zealand instead, yeah, can see that going down well!

Here's a couple of Tony's excellent pix of me from our travels


Watched Avatar: Way of Water - what a bunch of depressing shite! More than three hours (felt like six) of absolute nonsense you're meant to endure cos of the pretty pictures. Never again!
Still haven't chosen a new laptop but edging towards another HP Envy, assuming I can get some time to better test Reaper (so far it's good) which I hope to use for arranging some of the BB sessions one day. Seems it can do most of the things I do on Wavelab already but not easy on this small screen - hence new laptop may need to be 15" or 17" even. Should try out alt monitor and HDMI option too, although that less appealing. Still so darn hot that I'm doing very little of anything. Matt's party cancelled. Oh yes and I heard that while Pat and Marg away at Edinburgh tattoo, I'm loooking after both Broc and Benji. So that's nice. 
Haven't done any prep for this live online thing but, fortunately, I can just sit at Setup 1 and make shit up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment