Monday 19 August 2013

Under the Dome

Not an amazing invention by Stephen King but a device I used in my novel Future Art Factory, almost in passing really. Still I like SK and would even forgive him if he'd deliberately nicked the idea from me, which I'm sure he hasn't. The day he needs to poach ideas from me will be the darkest days of his writing career. :)

Sent review in this morning, still could've messed around with some of the wording for a while yet but it says what I wanted to say. I left out the cool info about the filter in the end because it seemed to overbalance it slightly. Sadly had to have a boxing session just now as they're going back for more pix so I'll have to wait in line for when one comes available for real. Hey ho.

Spoke to Utd Utils again about the leak. Told them it was repaired until their guys filled in the hole. I really hope this won't run and run as in theory they could keep digging it  up, saying it's up to us to repair, we repair it then they fill in again carelessly and the process begins afresh. I daren't mention this to neighbour Gareth who is the working-in-a-hole part of my "we".

No blackberry picking today as Pat really needs to relax before her long shift tonight. Yesterday's trek took it out of her and I dearly hope she won't be doing more.

Have secured a P3, old-stylee like my very first. Quite chuffed although will keep Cirklon obviously.

After spending a while working on Pat's Win8 laptop she still won't actually take a look at it but keeps going back to the old one. Ah well.

You can tell I haven't got much done today can't you? This evening is my long evening in the studio though. I will endeavour to make good use of it. Or bad.

Could work on getting The Last Day ready for Bandcamp. Could surf mindlessly for a bit. Tough choice.

This evening I chilled and recorded some simple stuff

https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/thelittlebarr

No comments:

Post a Comment