Tuesday 8 October 2013

MS20 mini arrived

Funny isn't it, when you've been waiting for something for a long time and suddenly the wait is over? The MS20 mini arrived and, even though I saw and admired Colin's, I'm strangely underwhelmed. 
I already knew about the wobbly knobs and crappy keyboard, the naff MIDI spec and the minijack output but this one seems to have some calibration issues on top of all that. Probably fixable, could be a batch from the Vietnamese factory or wherever they tried. The main trouble is I just don't feel I need it or that it fits in anywhere. Envelopes aren't right for sequencing, keyboard not right for playing, everything so small I can barely tune VCO2 accurately... 
The Bass Station 2 impressed me so much that perhaps the gap was filled and I didn't realise. I dunno, it's probably just that I'm now skint and shouldn't have bought it. May pass it on, could return it I guess but should give it a good try first, get stoned, learn to love it. 



Tomorrow I'm horse-watching but hope to get time to sort my gig gear. Now thinking of taking the Perfourmer after all, it's what I'm used to. And the larger Behringer mixer. Do I need both sequencers? Do I need the Octatrack? If the Tanzbar shows up, I think I'll take that, just because.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment