Monday 23 December 2013

Winding up 2013

I may be doing it early of course but I'm starting to think I'll not do a lot more work this year. OK, there's a review to finish and another to start but they aren't biggies and don't feel like work.

I finally cracked the novel, kept pushing until the bits shifted into place and felt right. Even the earlier strands that seemed to go nowhere now do have a coherent direction, or at least as much as I require. I can see a good place to end this volume too, which will leave a book the size of the first to wind it all up. Must pester Tim to do the cover.

Of course I'm closing in on the first draft only. It may take a while before I can release it but the second pass or edit phase is usually fun.

The wind is getting wild today so I'm not sure how much I'll do in the studio. Always the chance of power outages. Mum still not right. Life! Have done no further library music work, even though I know I should. The novel tends to take over when the ideas are flowing, especially if I've been pushing against a blockage for a long time. Could be writing is very much like cleaning the drains, or mine is.

Harvey, great film!

Just wrote a twist even I didn't see coming. :)

Hell, I'm watching Nigella on telly and feeling very horny. Dreaming of sharing a line or two with her doesn't make her any less sexy. Down boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment