Thursday 18 February 2016

Back to normal

Well that was an interesting period. Eye-opening you might say, in terms of understanding how the internet works as a medium for communicating ideas (badly). I'm referring to the video Tim made last Friday round here, taking a very simple (we thought) look at one property of analogue envelopes. It turns out that this is so widely misunderstood that even those who eventually said they'd 'got it' may well not have. We got a mention on matrixsynth, who to his credit, eventually did do that rare thing and admit to being wrong. I'm grateful to Colin for wading in and offering some support, without which I suspect I'd still be trying to divert matrix and others away from 'trigger modes', also widely misunderstood. So next time Tim's down here and in the mood, that'll be our next video.

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/02/analogue-envelope-behaviour-minilogue.html

Now let's try to get folks to watch some of Tim's other films, accompanied by our fab music, maybe to buy some of our albums. Nah, life's too short. People don't want to look at or think about paintings, they want to talk about paint brushes.

Today I spent a while getting Jasper tagged (it was free so there was a long queue) and trying to sort some PPI repayment. Doesn't look like much but pretty sure I have a good case. Might buy a new toy. And something nice for Pat.

No writing work in so continuing with library music. Wonder if my Korg contact (currently in the 'denial' stage) has sent through the video link. Hopefully the Minilogue guys did if he didn't cos I'd actually buy one of these if they make it behave like an analogue synth, even optionally. Not seen one review mention Minilogue the band yet, which is a shame since they kindly allowed Korg to use their name. What else? No sign of a fix for the Electribe delay, so that's another gig gonna come and go without me daring to use it. Should I make my 'expose' video public? Can I stand the hate/backlash? So much software seems rushed and inadequate these days but if you dare point it out, you're the bad guy. That's me feeling old again.

Tomorrow would be gig prep day but have a visitor, old pal, to talk about gear. So Saturday then. I should also progress that other library project.

No comments:

Post a Comment