Friday 23 June 2017

Solstice been & gone

Yep, it's Summer apparently. You can tell this because the heatwave has been replaced by torrential rain. Hot rain though.

My modular reviewing is still going on, having accepted a bunch of things I probably shouldn't - not one of them is interesting! I should seek them out myself as otherwise it's going to drift into being a chore. Still, at least I only need to write as much as each deserves and it shouldn't take too long. More like this though and it'll wipe all that fuzzy nostalgia away. Actually the nostalgia seems to be passing of its own accord already. There are new pieces of gear appearing and I find myself with zero interest in now I don't actually have to.
Pretty bizarre to have 4 euro modules that are all equally meh, wouldn't have thought that possible! :(

Well, the Bogus Realities print has been put back to the 26th, dunno if that suggests the print per order deal is proving difficult, hope not. Anyway, when it comes I'll crack on with red pen and fixes right away in case they stop doing it.

Skip tomorrow, old shed to remove and misc other shite. Should've burnt it all but Pat's ordered now.

Noticed on farcebook some discussion about 'what makes analogue desirable' and the chap who brought it up appeared to think it was the imperfections, lack of precision, wonky tuning and so on. I've got quite good at not jumping in with my opinions these days but it struck me that none of those things would be top of my list. I like analogue because it's (usually) simple, has one knob per function, is fast, accessible and has no lag between control and result. I guess I also like the fact that I understand it, on a basic level, and have developed an instinct for how analogue should handle and sound (hence my long-standing envelope fixation).
Mind you I sold my first Minimoog because it was just too unstable and tracked too unreliably to use. I'd love to go back and swap the early model I had for the one I have now. Actually no I wouldn't - my current one is modded and does groovy things of its own.
And so it goes, as Kurt Vonnegut would say. And so it goes.

Friday is here. Glastonbury kicks off and I'll record as much as I can in order to skip through the majority complaining like a miserable old git.


At full stretch. Yes, planning was never a strong point.
I have no new pix to share. Sorry, must try harder. Yeah, cos that's like me innit...


OK, I took some new pix. And recorded some noodles




No comments:

Post a Comment