Monday 9 July 2018

Tally Ho!

Isn't Tangram wonderful? It's mellow and sweet like a dormouse in cotton wool or a Disney virgin covered in buttercream. Anyway, I got past my novel knot and realised it wasn't so bad - I'd done all the groundwork it was just a matter of writing it, fairly straight, and it's fine in one go.

Should help with other aspects of the story now. Was no need to worry overmuch about the tone, just kept from getting too Stephen King about it.

Studio too hot today, tried and failed to hang out there. Next week may not be one of much music but perhaps it'll be cooler. Can work on novel instead, yay!

Posh bottle of gin arrived today. Alas we're baby juggling today and tomorrow so I'll enjoy it once I get some quiet time next week. Kid's like a frantic perpetual motion machine, has the attention span of a gnat. Even at not quite three could probably do David Davis's job and run his department better than the man himself. Apparent Brexit is back to some bizarre cake and eat it strategy, presumably intended to be rejected so we can sort out the blame early. Odd though to handpick a bunch of people for roles and then take 2 years to reach agreement with them, leaving approx 3 months to test those agreements on the EU. Masterly really. Oops I'm doing politics again.
Update: LOL DD resigned - what a farce from start to finish. If only we had an opposition party right now eh?

Finally said bye to family, and just as I was about to treat myself to a coffee, mum rang with yet more Humax calamities - now trying to decide whether to ditch new one, replace it with something else etc. etc. Wanted me to go right away and help, even though she doesn't know what she's doing. I give in!

I'm going to lock the crazy world away today.

Started reading National Lampoon's Doon yesterday and decided to borrow some of the flippancy for my 'Nobby the fat wizard' back story in the novel. Makes sense as I basically learnt writing from reading Bored of the Rings ;)

Right, it's Monday morning and I'm signing off. If the world ends before my next entry, it's probably not my fault. I can see the theme of assigning fault becoming big over the coming week.


No comments:

Post a Comment