Thursday 13 September 2018

Cirklon Days

Well, I have some more tracks to do for Don and did a couple today. Really digging into Cirklon patterns, something I've not done enough but for drums really enjoying them. New loop functions are handy and discovered it does a 'double & copy' which I'd never seen before. I should do a song-making video with some of the examples of scene-length patterns with the drums done specifically anticipating the next scene or playing a hit just once at the start. I have my Ck in permanent P3 Chain mode but want it permanent.

Two tracks finished, one is structured and the other performed - actually the other was done just as I was about to power off - decided to do a quickie putting the first ideas into action without thought. It's basic but has something, may refine tomorrow afternoon when getting hammered.

The new mixer is fab. Hadn't quite realised that the Control Room buttons not working meant the level LEDs also don't work, but coping fine. The extra auxes put to good use - instead of devoting the DD-20 to Blofeld it's now on Aux 4. Aux 3 is the internal effects and much better than the later model, weirdly enough. There's an ambience reverb I like and a couple of others I'll use. Extra bonus is I realised I can put the RC-505 on a bus and use it as an effects unit as well as a looper. Works a treat. Might be nice to use a bus output at some point too but we'll see how it goes. The two tracks I recorded today sound good. Still loving that TT-606 - just what I needed.




Jasper seeming pretty happy today. Waiting for lab results and hoping he's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment