Saturday 8 August 2020

More stable GR-1 and Hydrasynth 1.5 - yay!

Still not sure if Pat away this weekend so not getting excited yet. Depends on shutdown. 
GR-1 hasn't crashed much although there are some anomalies with 'pass thru' mode I think.

New Hydrasynth OS includes almost everything I wanted - CCs, envelope triggering etc. plus have added some cool new things like proper drone, distortion effect, another mutant, stepped LFO more like a sequencers. Oh and more filter types. So a big one and very much appreciated. That's my Friday afternoon sorted. 

Well, Friday afternoon was more about the GR-1 again. Not happy with the position of the Hydra and tried it somewhere else, which was worse. Working with Cirklon yesterday felt oddly clunky too, must not have been in the mood. Pat's away and the sun is shining. Probably too hot for studio today but can carry on with the novel stuff I worked on yesterday, getting my big confrontation fight scene out of the way with surprising speed. It might feel anti-climactic though but I now have a clear space for my final chapters and the 'breaking of the fellowship'. 
Am reading 'Children of Hurin' after Don said it was good. Style is still a bit heavy but there is a good story in there, battling to be heard. Lots of male doom throughout, which I may have borrowed for the passing of one of my main characters. Sprung a last minute surprise which should hopefully feel right and consistent. Does to me.

Last night was pizza. Today I expect it's chilli out of a tin. I might be tempted to go to RK again tomorrow.

Almost got a GR-ambient album. I foolishly mailed an early version of it around then, this morning, realised the mistakes in what I thought was almost done. Must have been quite wrecked yesterday.

We aren't included in the Preston lockdown. You can tell by looking at your bins, apparently. Staying in anyway.

Some early ideas for title and cover images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment