Sunday 12 March 2023

I bought a new Eurorack module!

 I know, wild eh?
Joranalogue Receive 2 - Line Input Module (in case you were wondering).

I decided I needed a better way to get the MS20 and Synthi (and Lyra) into the world of Eurorack. Even if they're going right through or through some Eurorack processing, they can go into the Erica mixer, which would mean I no longer need the Behringer RX-1602 in the signal chain. Sweet. 

On Friday we had snow and v3 of the sp-404-ii dropped. I got stoned and did this


Had curry now stoned again and watching Terry Riley on Youtube. Pat went south for Crufts this afternoon, which surprised me as I thought she was going tomorrow. Could be a stoney niht. All good. Was too, watched Godzilla vs Kong and it was just peachy. I'd guessed they'd get together to sort out Mechagodzilla and so they did.   

Excellent sesh with Tim on Saturday, my Zoom card filled during my recording. Sunday was a chance to try the new module - working well, triggered the usual move-around but this time dropping modules I'm not immediately using and leaving a few gaps (noticed case 2 quite warm inside so some venitilation needed). Paul D brought Marbles back so I slotted it in along with Angle Grinder, dropping the Tonestar and a few others I'm not using right now. He left me some beer and some artwork, which was ace - hopefully we'll get together for a jam at some point. 

Setup 2 looking and feeling real nice.

I remembered how sweet the Lyra sounded through the Wasp filter - I'm also giving it the NightSky treatment at the moment, tuning the synth and reverb together offering lots to explore. Synthi doing some amazing booming after just a few pin swaps. Will play some more tomorrow. Ordered two new SD cards as noticed my Zoom H4n also nearly full. I think I also need a 'performance' MicroSD with all my best stuff since the start on for easy recall. Course the early ones won't have the tempo in the name so it'd be a PITA, OK I'm already talking myself out of the idea. It ain't like I have any performances lined up. Oh yes, continue work on video camera, try going live on Twitch TV and see how that handles...


No comments:

Post a Comment