Monday 9 September 2013

Briefly...

It's funny, given what a windbag I can be, that I like Twitter probably better than all other social media. Facebook simply sucks away your time and life. I seriously believe someone discovered they could get energy that way and our essence is being stored in some monstrous vat for use when the oil runs out. So anyway, Dave, my old pal and totally sweet dude from kernow has not only finished his book but it's published in October. Blown away he finally did it, the story he's always wanted to tell. Can't wait to read it!
Did some music for a play of it many years ago, still really like the poetry and music release we did, I wonder if he'd mind me putting it on bandcamp? Hell that sounds like cashing in! Mercenary git, heh.

This evening I pottered but maybe should've concentrated on doing reviews. Still, should have time to do a fair chunk of both and I wanted to get something lined up for the gig. Perfourmer might have a fault on voice 4's level pot, seemed to jump in volume on me a couple of times. That and the Prodigy keyboard issues slightly returning, some wrong notes when I actually hit right ones.

Splitting up gear across submixers update: think I like the split of weird/seq/percussion but may have to nick that Spirit mixer Tim's using and give him the Alesis. Need more channels. Using Tanzbar entirely as a module is awesome. All patched out to separate mix channels and totally sequenced from Cirklon with all the CCs coded in as track values, wicked! Especially as I took time to define tracks and patterns best suited to each. Going back to P3 for regular sequencing has been bliss though. There's nothing to touch it and I doubt there ever will be again. Simple but a great feature set. Doesn't do everything.

Put Eventide Space on "weird" mixer so there's that and Lexicon now. Better than dedicating to Synthi, it instantly proves.

No comments:

Post a Comment