Saturday 21 September 2013

Preston and the Tringe

I'm not sure what a Tringe is but I know we've got one. As this is Preston it's a low-key affair, as evidenced today by the comedy/music show I attended. It's a good job my mate John invited a few friends as we three, later joined by a third friend, were the audience. The two performers and soundman worked well, to the best of their abilities and material anyway, their show having played already at the Edinburgh Fringe, apparently. Did I say "played" when I could have used the phrase "honed to perfection"? Played will do.

So the room was small, upstairs in a cafe. I quite enjoyed it because I set out to. Turns out you can do this kind of thing instead of sitting at home on your chair watching for the status updates on facebook to roll gently past.

The Tringe seems a very odd name for it but I doubt I'll find out why we couldn't have a fringe like anyone else. Or a twinge at least. Or a pringe. Maybe a ginge would be OK. There are more shows but I think I might not worry too much if I miss them.  Many appear to be in this cafe also.

Just watched a short film by Grace, the girl we met the other day at Brockholes. It was really fab and if you want to watch it too, you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xcbXVJQQ8

see, I do care for my small band of readers, even if I don't understand what on earth you get from my (usually stoned) ramblings. No it's OK, I don;t need to understand. If I ever understand why I even write this stuff then I might wonder about the rest of the associated gubbins. You know, I think I just like typing and keeping a blog is a very effective form of procrastination. It might look vaguely like work as I sit here, gazing into space, my fingers running away by themselves. What else can I tell you? Had a late night last night, well Tony and I chatted until around two.

Had some ideas on how to progress my novel. I think it's time for a new direction for it as the one I'd planned seems now to need a few added quirks if it's going to fire me up enough to finish it. Just have to try it as whenever I try and do wild and unconventional I often have to wind it back towards sanity afterwards.

Listening to Camel live albums I hadn't heard before and really wincing at some of the tasteless keyboard playing. Remembering how tasteful Peter Bardens was and listening to these nasty sounds pitch-bent to hell...

Well that's it for now. Here's some pix from the last day or so. The  tree is significant to my little life as it's where it almost ended when I was a nipper.





I think Jasper doesn't like this time of year too much as we tramp around fields he's not terribly interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment