Thursday 26 December 2013

Grit your teeth, Paul

It's good advice. Just discovered our house guest will be with us "just another night" so I will continue smiling like a halfwit and quietly snaffling the magic shortbread and working on my novel.

Which, I have to say, has reached a better, more complete conclusion than I thought it would. I amazed myself yesterday when I saw all the loose strands and their intricate twists just naturally finding their own way. It may not be a conventional way to write but it sure is fun. And it might also be the first novel I've written with a pseudo-happy ending. There's enough left over for the third volume in this series too but the arc back to FAF was so neatly done I guess I must have been thinking about it from the start. As someone once, wisely, accused: all your stories are the same story. Its true but, amusingly, not one person has correctly identified what it's actually about. Ho ho ho.

Have done no actual work, some minor, disinterested pottering. Still waiting to get my house back, relax and do some new music. Until then, fixed grin.

A picture of my mum's dog, in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment