Friday 2 May 2014

A day off, lots happened

OK, lots is pushing it. I got a review in first thing. Did the lawn and the gutters and then didn't go swimming, had a lovely lazy afternoon in the sun with Pat instead. As we were relaxing I dug into FBTE and got the chapters in the order I want, made small tweaks here and there, removed the deleted scenes (as I always do). In the end I have a novel. It still needs a read-through and fine-adjustment, still lots of plain vanilla sections, unadorned bits, general shite but it hangs together. Was 57 chapters not counting the intro, the epilogue and the 3-4 chapters still floating at the end with no actual designation.

Considering whether to let someone read it, someone sympathetic. Carl is usually good but perhaps not critical enough...

Then, as I sat and mused, got email to say our mastered album is ready to audition. Grabbed wav, converted to mp3 and uploading now to dropbox so Tim can check it in France. Meanwhile burning a CD and wondering excitedly. Looks like some tracks are LOUD.

May not have time for recording sesh tomorrow. I need to get that 3/1 review done by tuesday then I can concentrate on the 4/1 - these days of indulgence put me behind, especially with christening Sunday. Only bank holiday can save me... :)

Wotta blast!

 
Hopefully my Minimoog arrives next week. Today two more cropped up, one I'd tried to get before but bloke wouldn't let me come listen. Mine's coming from France so fingers crossed it's well packed. Sigh. Would much rather have come to agreement with guy in Scunthorpe.

No comments:

Post a Comment