Tuesday 20 May 2014

a dog with the squits

I awoke to a strange melancholy, the song 'Green Green Grass of Home' playing on a loop as a dream faded. The feeling may have been related to Jasper with a dicky tummy spraying our bedroom with diarrhoea at around 03:30. As this was the second night on the run this happened, I was far from pleased, as you can imagine.

So today I'm back reviewing stuff, or will be after lunch. Did some work yesterday that I've yet to write up but it gave me the excuse to pack off to the pub the for afternoon, which was all rather nice.

Tony has given me his estimate of work on the Mini and I've told him to go ahead. As it has some mods already it'll have oscillator sync and a switch to decide whether modulation is sourced from the regular source of VCO3 or a new wide-range LFO Tony will make for me. The one installed was so naff and limited it's hard to imagine why it was added. The pitch range knob is going to be a mod amount for a hard-wired connection between VCO3 and the filter. This should just about cover all the good stuff of the Prodigy although I doubt the sound will be the same as the oscillators are quite different. Tony also pointed out that one of the three VCOs is a Studio Electronics clone. It's functionally identical but I may replace it at some point along with the wood. We'll see. Given the high price of my battered and modified Odyssey currently on eBay, people will pay silly money even for stuff that's less than perfect.

Still deliberating over the Godwin. May make more sense to get the little Waldorf box for strings as it's very portable, just in case Headshock do any gigs. OT/A4 swap awaiting the guy being ready. Not too worried either way.

Note to self: book Finland you lazy git!


No comments:

Post a Comment