Friday 2 June 2017

Another studio move-around, preparing for a week alone

Yeah, I have wanted to sort the modular corner better for a good while. I ordered a new mixer and will consolidate the 2 small mixers into 1 larger (Behringer Xenyx X2442). I went for this older model not because it was cheaper but because the new one is not rack mountable. In the event, I may not rack it this time but it's an important option to have. I always have other moves ;)



First stage is to get the Digisound back into the fold.
Had hoped for space for the SH-101 but not found it yet. :(


Here's where I'm parking stuff in the meantime. You can see the new piano against the wall. Really hope to have a good long sesh playing it soon. It sounds fantastic! Even made me wonder if I was a cheapskate not buying the full 3 pedal add-on.


And almost there. I have a rack of effects and patch bay to add, plus Repeater and a few other things I might want nearby and ready to use. May also put the 2 303 clones in it and dedicate them to the P3. We'll see how it all looks once the mixer arrives (Monday apparently even though they said today).  And yes, I'm using that old Behringer rack mixer as a stand!

Lots of my friends have said they've ordered the novel, which is really nice but I'm now wondering what on  earth they'll think. Good response from those who have read so far but that isn't a huge selection of people...

Note to self: get another right angled kettle lead. Needed for the stuff against walls. Could find a couple but needed one for the Digisound too. 

Pat off on a riding holiday in Spain on Sunday so I expect a very relaxed week ahead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment